Can you believe this?
Jolean, a 17 year-old rescued Paso Fino fell suddenly ill and passed… Jolean’s heartbroken owner ordered a necropsy to understand her sudden demise.
Imagine his horror to find out that Jolean had been injected with gasoline. (When the vet’s opened up her swollen shoulder, pure gasoline spilled out.)
Jolean’s owner told his neighbor whose horse, Kate, was suddenly exhibiting the same signs.
KATE IS IN THE HOSPITAL – DESPERATELY TRYING TO OVERCOME THIS.
After hearing Jolean’s story, Kate’s owner, Leah Greenleaf, raced her mare to a local equine hospital.
Yup. Same thing. Gasoline was injected into her neck.
Can you imagine the feeling of helplessness and invasion to know your own horse was attacked in her own pasture?!
The hospital does not know if Kate will survive, but they are monitoring her 24/7. This has never been seen before, no one knows the implications.
LET’S HELP KATE!
Kate is a 6 year-old Spotted Saddlehorse mare. She has already endured one surgery and is scheduled for more surgeries to remove necrotic tissue, stop the infection and try to clean up the poison.
The vets don’t exactly know how to help but they are working around the clock to learn as much as possible to save this mare.
(The police have no clues… Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to call the Marion County Sheriff’s Office or Crime Stoppers at 352-368-STOP.)