Saturday is PhoBlog Day!
And, as usual, another hodgepodge of photos for you all…
1) I got this off of MSNBC Animal Tracks, in case any of you missed it. I laughed out loud when I saw it!
2) This is another one I stole from Animal Tracks. This meerkat reminds me of several folks I know…
3) The girl riding a horse isn’t funny so I guess it is odd that I have it here. But, the reason I am posting this here today is because, if you look closely, this mare is missing her ear. I have no idea how the bridle stays on. I need to ask. Anyway, this is the same mare that I wrote about a while ago, Ladybug, who was attacked by a pack of dogs. They ripped her up and tore her ear off. But, luckily, she was saved by Beauty’s Haven and is now fully recovered – minus a ear –, fat and happy, rideable and ready to be adopted out. So, if you are in the market for a sweet, strong, invincible, one-eared riding mare, call Beauty’s Haven!
4) Everyone loves a horse wearing human clothes…
5) I found this mule on Facebook. He/She is really cute!
6) This is Koby, one of the wild mustang foals that has been nursed back to health and will eventually be adopted out. This little guy has such an amazing spirit! Here he is, dressed up for Christmas. If you are looking to adopt a tame and people-friendly wild mustang baby, please call Shirley Allen: 775-246-7636
ALERT WILD MUSTANG FANS
There are 174 being sold for slaughter today. The BLM can do this because the wild horses were “found” on private land. So, they are considered strays. Whatever. Even if you read this after Saturday at noon, you can still help with aftercare for those that were rescued.
There is a wonderful woman who has coordinated a rescue of these horses. She is ready to take them all and transport them all. But, she needs our help. Please read the attached flyer and donate for today or for the ongoing care, if you can. Many, many thanks!
Go to this link to donate and read all about it. Here is a snippet from that page. Again, here is the link so the page will work and activate. IT takes a while to get to the actual donate page… click on the donate button which will take you to the website. Click again on the donate button and it will take you to a page — look on the right and you will see a link to Pay Pal. Kinda confusing but hang in there.
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE! Jill Starr rescued 169 of the 174! Zero went to the meat buyer. 5 went to private parties. Yay! What an angel to the horses. Please help her with the ongoing funds needed to support and adopt out these very lucky BLM horses!
HORSE AND MAN is a blog in growth… if you like this, please pass it around!
If you want an update on THE GOLDEN CARROT SANCTUARY July Bucket Fund or to donate, please click on the photo (photo credit, Trish Lowe)