Both of these stories made my heart sing this week… the first is a video of humpback whales that surprised a boater.
The other is a story about a kid whose mother couldn’t get many kids to come to his birthday party… so she got inventive!
I cried during both stories (in a good way)!… Enjoy!
HERE WE GO!
1) Amazing video of humpback whales that surprised this boater (warning: a few choice words are spoken during his surprise).
Click here to go to the video or click the image below.
Here is a quick story written by Matt Nedostup (caution: language):
I’ve been whale watching before, and nothing like this ever happened. The closest I came was when a seagull pooped on my shirt. That was thrilling, though.
This incredible video was captured by Brad Rich. He and Tony Flanders were fishing in Resurrection Bay near Seward, Alaska, when they suspected there might be some humpbacks nearby. Rich began filming, but was utterly unprepared for the spectacular breach he was about to see. When it happened, he turned into a giggling, pants-shitting schoolboy, which makes this clip all the better.
In case you’re wondering about the whales’ behavior, they appear to be bubble-net feeding. This is a distinctive humpback behavior in which the whales dive underwater and exhale in a circular pattern, creating a “net” of rising bubbles that traps their prey in an enclosed location, so the whales can eat them. It also looks pretty amazing when you’re in a boat right on top of it. It’s like whale synchronized swimming.
2) I loved this story. Made me cry. Good goin’, Mom!
REMEMBER, EVERY SINGLE DAY IS A DO-OVER OPPORTUNITY!
Mama Tess news! If you’d like to donate to help Mama Tess, MT is now a member of the Horse and Man Foundation and all donations to her medical research is tax deductible. This month has been especially costly and any donations would be greatly appreciated!
Click here or her image to donate. Thank you!
ALL PROCEEDS SOLD TODAY SUPPORT MAMA TESS!
Here are some Mama Tess pieces featuring MT’s Sterling Silver “Stand in the Light” charm:
1) Mama Tess Sterling Silver pendant on a 16″ ball chain. Click here to purchase for $22!
2) Mama Tess pendant on small lobster clasp (great for jewelry, keychains, dog collars). To purchase for $18, click here!
3) Mama Tess pendant on large lobster clasp (great for saddles, bridles, large dog collars…). To purchase for $25, click here!
4) Every Day Czech Glass pearl necklace (I wear mine almost every day) with crystal closure and Mama Tess pendant. 18″ To purchase this necklace for $48, click here!
5) Petite rich, seafoam green, Czech glass beads on wrap necklace/bracelet with handmade sterling floating heart and sterling MT pendant! 34″ (Really great for wrapping or layering!) To purchase for $38, click here!
6) Fun and totally adjustable graduated ring necklace or wrap bracelet with Mama Tess sterling pendant and pearl dangly! 24″. To purchase this necklace/bracelet for $36, click here!