Previously at Christmastime, I’ve searched the web for unique gifts and then told you all about them.
This year… not so much.
I tried, but nothing really grabbed me.
…I must have spent an entire evening trolling ETSY – yet I found nothing that seemed blogable.
But, I did find random things that I found interesting… So, today’s blog is about random things that I found on the web.
First though, here is a photo I received today of Lucky! She was our November Bucket Fund filly who is being fitted for corrective braces. I did hear that her braces should be ready in January. We will keep you posted!
STUFF I FOUND WHILE TROLLING THE INTERNET
1) Have you ever seen a headstall like this? It is braided kangaroo leather…
2) I had never seen a hand-painted headstall… it kinda reminded me of the purses we used to buy at Harvest Festivals as a kid…
HORSES AS MODELS…
This cracked me up. What I found amusing were the horses as models! I got hooked on finding these equinemodel images and wondered what the horses thought of it all.
If you want to see for yourselves, go to ETSY.COM and search on ‘rhythm beads’. You will find all of these images and products.
3) This lady can stamp anything onto copper, brass and nickel – and the items are inexpensive! I thought this was a great idea for headstall tags or dog tags… just about anything!
4) I didn’t even know equine bling existed! Swag for your horse!
5) I just bought these books from HOOFPRINTS and they arrived today!
6) Everyone is wearing wrap bracelets now… These ladies had a huge and unusual selections. They aren’t tooo expensive, can ship inexpensively and probably still easily shippable for Xmas. If you click on the image, it will take you to their pages.
7) A while ago I wrote about Western artist Deborah Kunic who painted awesome mugs… Well, a reader contacted her and asked if Deborah could paint mugs with images of her horses (and dog and cat) on them…
Deborah did and the reader was so excited, she sent me pics! I love that!
Below is a snippet from Kunic’s website and then the mugs she made for the reader who is thrilled!
Well, that’s all for my shopping… Thanks for strolling with me!!
HORSE AND MAN is a blog in growth… if you like this, please pass it around!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.