You know those kinds of parties you get invited to where you watch a presentation about a product line and then they hope you order something. Usually wine and cheese are involved?…
I rarely get invited to those parties.
Anyway, when I was at The Western States Horse Expo, I saw a bunch of pink and red items that caught my eye… When I went into the booth, I realized that what I was seeing were self-defense items made for women.
Damsel in Defense was the name.
Hmmmm. Interesting concept.
The lady in the booth had her back turned because she was grabbing a snack. So, I felt free to browse. As I did, I saw a few items that I thought were really cool and convenient and things I never knew I needed – but were very good ideas.
So, when the vendor noticed that I was in her booth I said to her, “Now this kind of thing should be in one of those parties …”.
She kinda laughed and said, “That’s exactly what I do!”
NO AFFILIATION AND I’M NOT HAVING A PARTY… BUT…They have cool stuff and if you have a party, I need a few of these things so let me know!
I was so impressed with several items that I thought I should tell you all. If any of you decide to have a party, please let me know because I want to order a few things! ;)
Anyway, here is the website to the lady that I met in the booth. (I have no affiliation; I just picked up her card.)
Here is the catalog website.
THE PRODUCTS I PARTICULARLY LIKED…
I’m not one to fall for fluffy products. But some of these self-defense items could really come in handy.
Here are a few products that I particularly liked.
1) STEP OFF: This was my favorite item and it was only $15! I need to purchase one if you have a party.
OK, for me… when Hubby is out of town, I always worry that someone will get into the house and come into the bedroom. This item is a door stop with an alarm. So, if someone tries to enter, a huge alarm sounds! Perfect for a hotel room or a dorm, too…
2) WHERE’S YO BABY? – I don’t have any kids but I do know that they can run away at top speeds when you are getting a drink of water at the park… So, I thought this baby alarm system was clever. If baby strays more than the amount of feet you set, the alarm goes off.
3) ROAD TRIP: This is one of those items you should keep in the glove box with your flashlight and flares – (do they even use flares anymore?). It can break glass, cut your seatbelt, shine a beacon and it is an alarm.
4) GIMME A SIGN – I loved this because it is a little kit for your glovebox that has ready-made signs that tell the people on the outside what you need. This way, you don’t have to roll down the window if you don’t feel safe!
5) HOT LIL’ HAND – This is great for riding or running… a pepper spray that fits in a glove on your hand. It says there are safety features that prevent accidental discharges but I didn’t look closely to know what those were.
HONORABLE MENTIONS… I liked these, too!
To Order without a party, go here:
hey can go to www.defense4divas.com to place an order or to ask me any questions.
Independent Damsel Pro with Damsel in Defense
LET ME KNOW if you have a party and if it is successful!
And, I do what to purchase some items…
MAMA TESS’ TREASURE CHEST!
I’m opening up the treasure chest for the next several weeks because maggots, the Founder Warrior and the vet visits insist that I do…
Extasia is a unique, handmade vintage (now worldwide) jeweler… but the coolest thing is that they originated in Nevada City, just one town away from where I live! I had always wanted to go to their showroom and get a one-of-a-kind piece. Well, last Christmas, I did! I got a few, actually…
This necklace is so great in person! it is heavy and beautiful! My photos don’t do it justice. Everyone comments when I wear this!
The chain is bronze with gold accents. The bale is beautiful! All three charms are perfectly balanced. One is a hinged locket, the middle has a faceted garnet and pearls, the other is a vintage scientific drawing. It is in perfect condition.
The chain is 24″ and the charms add another 3″. Great for layering!
I paid $275 for this one-of-a-kind set. I am pleased to sell it for $165. (includes shipping)
(if the link doesn’t work, that means the item has sold! Thank you!)
If you’d like an MT “Stand in the Light” pendant, click here!
If you’d like a St. Francy pendant, click here!