HARVEY AND STORM SURGERY UPDATES: Good and Bad…






Today was surgery day for both of our May Bucket Fund horses.

Well, the day was good and bad – very complicated.

First, Little Man Harvey the Warrior.

(If you missed his story, click here.)

He did well… but his surgery is not a ‘for sure’ hold until some time has passed.  So, we wait.

The good news is that he survived and he is bearing weight on that leg, even though it hurts.  The other bit of good news is that he did have the bone groove where the ligaments were supposed to go, so that was a good sign.

The other good news is that between all the donations gathered, Harvey’s surgery was paid!

Thank you all for the good will, the prayers and the donations!

Harvey is spending the next few days in the hospital so he can benefit from hawkeyes and the best care possible for his situation.

Here is today’s story from Theresa of BHFER.

Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 9.01.24 PM

1

Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 9.01.51 PM

2

Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 9.02.07 PM

3

Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 9.02.19 PM

4

STORM’S SURGERY UPDATE…

Well, Storm has good news and not so good news…

The best news is that this surgery didn’t come a moment too soon!  Clearly we now know the extent of her wither infection and it was very, very, very bad.

The good news is that she survived the surgery.

(If you missed her story, click here.)

The bad news is that the infection was far more invasive and involved than initially thought and because of this, she will have to stay in the equine hospital for at least two weeks to be monitored closely.

I will bring her update as soon as I have the photos and the prognosis/protocol.

Crossing fingers, saying prayers and hoping… for this sweet BLM mare.

This is Storm having a bath before she left for her long journey to UC Davis.

This is Storm having a bath before she left for her long journey to UC Davis.

storm

Sweet Storm, the once wild BLM mare… here she is right after her bath with Annette.   This photo was taken yesterday before we had any idea of the intensity and complexity of her wither infection. She was not released today after surgery due to the high risk from this massive infection – she will have to stay for at least two weeks

 

HORSE AND MAN is a blog in growth… if you like this, please pass it around!

 

newrule

 



Riding Warehouse
Your purchase with Riding Warehouse through this link helps the Bucket Fund!


Supporting The Bucket Fund through Amazon Smile
Please choose HORSE AND MAN, INC when you shop via Amazon Smile through this link.



HORSE AND MAN is a blog in growth... if you like this, please pass it around!



Only one comment so far...

  1. Cyndi

    Thank you for getting Harvey’s story out and the help it generated. I have been to this rescue and help support it and it’s a fabulous place, Theresa is a wonderful person. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. Thank you also for getting help for Storm. I hope she will be better soon. I’ll be praying for both of them.

Post a comment!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *